17-12-2010 - Sharm: ultime disposizioni antisqualo da CDWS per immergersi.
Di seguito del disposizioni originali del CDWS - in inglese per evitare refusi di traduzione.
CDWS member update: 15 December 2010 22:00
On 14 December 2010 CDWS received Governor decree # 357 for year 2010 relating to the opening of some beaches and the restart of some marine excursions in Sharm el Sheikh.
This decree caused a lot of confusion and as a result, chairman of CDWS Mr Hesham Gabr, requested a meeting this evening with the Governor of South Sinai and the Egyptian coast guard in a bid to gain some clarification for CDWS members on which activities are allowed and which are not.
As a result of this meeting, CDWS can now confirm that the governor has ruled upon the following:
A: for certified divers with 50 dives or more:
* Diving is allowed in all sites including shore sites.
B: for certified divers with less than 50 dives:
* Diving is allowed where there are mooring lines only.
* No drift dives are allowed.
* The area north of Naama Bay to Ras Nasrasni remains closed to this category of diver – this applies until 21.12.2010
C: for beginners courses & intro dive activities:
Diving is allowed only in the following areas (this applies until 21.12.2010)
* Sharm El Maya
* Naama Bay
* Sharks Bay (from the shore only)
* South & North Lagoona in Tiran
* Nabq Bay
D: other divers
* For advanced training of divers with 50 dives or more, the same rules as category A applies.
* For advanced training of divers with less than 50 dives, the same rules as category B applies.
* Rescue training is temporarily not allowed for the following reasons :
1. to avoid prolonged time spent on the surface performing skills.
2. to avoid causing panic to tourists due to the simulated behaviour of the diver playing the role of a victim.
* Snorkelling excursions by boats are allowed in all areas of Tiran only.
* No drift snorkelling is allowed.
* Other areas remain banned – this applies until 21.12.2010
F: Glass bottom boats and semi-subs
* Glass bottom boats & semi subs are working as usual.
G: Banana, tube and water ski
* Activities of banana, tube and water ski remain banned until further notice.
A copy of the decree will be sent by email as soon as our office receives it tomorrow, Thursday 16 December.
CDWS will keep members informed as soon as we receive further updates from the Governor’s office.