11-11-2013 - Offerta di lavoro presso lo SharkLab di Bimini, Bahamas
The Bimini Biological Field Station Foundation AKA: 'The Sharklab' are searching for a talented individual to join our team on the white sands and blue, shark infested waters of Bimini, Bahamas.
We are looking for applicants to take on the role of Media Manager to join our team from February 2014. With an incredibly varied role in challenging conditions we are looking for someone with a motivated, resilient and creative personality who will be able to perform in a number of different areas. Living conditions are close and you will be living and working with staff and volunteers on a day to day basis.
You will coordinate and lead short exciting and educational research experiences; take inspiring photos and create a range of videos of the Sharklab 'in action' to help promote our work and shark conservation; raise awareness about our scientific, conservation and education work through social media outlets; help find sponsors and raise money for the foundation; communicate with national and international media; and not to mention get involved with field leading shark research at the cutting edge.
Accommodation and food are included in the position and payment is minimal but open to discussion. If you would like more information then please email with specific questions and queries.
If you have not yet visited the station and are considered in the final stages of the application you would likely be asked to come and volunteer for a minimum of a month prior to being accepted.
- Experience working in challenging conditions, mostly in the marine environment
- Professional quality photographic equipment (DSLR with underwater housing, Go-Pro too)
- Experience writing, filming and producing engaging videos for the public
- Video editing - Confident in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut or similar
- Photo editing - Confident use of high level photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Ability to coordinate and lead short eco-research field trips
- Extensive computer and social media experience including marketing and public relations
Desirable experience or traits:
- Working with sharks and conducting field research
- Website development and maintenance (webmaster)
- Degree in Marine Biology, Zoology or similar
- Knowledge of design and publishing programs for creating promotional material.
- Evidence of generating donations and / or sponsorship
- Finding and communicating with national and international media including TV, Print and Online outlets
- Conveying scientific findings to the public in a digestible and easy to understand manner
- Writing articles for publication
- Planning, recruiting for, and organizing courses for the general public
- Open and welcoming personality with ability to work and live in tight quarters
- Freediving and Scuba diving experience
If you are interested in this once in a lifetime job opportunity please email your CV/Resume with a cover letter to the following by Nov 18th: